Shawsheen Valley Technical High School
Student Pick-up of Personal Belongings
Thursday, June 4, 2020
Good afternoon Shawsheen students and families,
Today I am writing to share with you our plan for students in grades 9-11 to pick up their personal belongings from school, at assigned times next week, on June 8, 9 & 10. Students in grades 9-11 do not have to return books and other items that belong to the school until they return in the fall. Students who signed out school laptops will be required to return those to the school between June 22-24.
Seniors who were unable to report to school earlier this week to drop-off and pick-up materials may do so next week on the day that is assigned for their shop.
Please read the following carefully, and review the chart below, to ensure students report at the appropriate times next week in accordance with the safety measures we have in place.
- Students will enter the student parking lot via the Cook Street entrance next to the Automotive Shop on their assigned day (day assigned is based on student's shop - see chart below), during the assigned time (based on the first letter of student's last name - see chart below);
- Students will enter the building at different locations, depending on their shops, as follows:
- Seniors will enter the school through the gymnasium with all of the belongings they have to return- after checking in at the gymnasium, seniors will be given instructions for how to access their shops and lockers - Seniors will report back to the gymnasium if they still have materials to return after going to their shops & lockers;
- Students in grades 9-11 will enter the school through the exterior doors of their shops, and walk through their shops to access their lockers if they are in one of the following shops: Autobody, Automotive, Carpentry, Cosmetology, Dental Assisting, Drafting, Electrical, Health Assisting, HVAC, Machine, Masonry, Med Lab, Metal Fab, Plumbing;
- Students in grades 9-11 will enter the school through the gymnasium first if they are in one of the following shops: Business Tech, Culinary, DVC, Electronics, Graphics, ISSN/PW;
- Students and staff MUST wear face masks and comply with social distancing guidelines at all times while on school property.
Monday, June 8
- Dental Assisting
Tuesday, June 9
- Business Tech
- Health Assisting
Wednesday, June 10
- Med Lab
- Metal Fab
9am – 9:30am
Last name begins with A-C
9:30am – 10:00am
Last name begins with D-F
10:00am – 10:30am
Last name begins with G-L
10:30am – 11:00am
Last name begins with M-O
11:00am – 11:30am
Last name begins with P-S
11:30am – 12:00pm
Last name begins with T-Z
Thank you in advance for your review of this information and your adherence to our rules for this process. We look forward to seeing all of you next week!